Personnel, Administrative Reforms and Rajbhasha Department envisions to attain accountable, transparent, responsive, effective and
efficient functioning of the business allotted to the Department. It endeavours to
ensure a seamless delivery of public services by disciplining and strengthening the cutting-edge administration.
Followings are the mission of the Department:
- To build a strong, effective and efficient district administration.
- To provide transparent, effective and efficient recruitment, promotional and disciplinary policies.
- To put forth administrative reforms and service process re-engineering with utmost importance.
- To train mentor and motivate personnel for developing high level skills with high moral and ethical standards in work.
- To adopt the use of Information and Communication Technology to attain the requirements.
- To encourage and empower personnel to use Hindi as Rajbhasha in the State.
List of work responsibilities of the Department:
- Indian Administrative Service.
- Jharkhand Civil Service (Including Judicial Officers)
Note :- The immediate control of officers of the services specified in entries (i)
and (ii) who are employed in different branches of the administration,
controlled by other Departments of the Secretariat rests with the Departments
concerned. But the Personnel and Administrative Reforms Department should
invariably be consulted for any proposed order inflicting punishment or
censure. Action which may lead to dismissal, removal or reduction in rank of
any member of these services shall be taken in the Personnel and
Administrative Reforms Department.
- Appointment of High Court Judges
- Administrative charge of residences, other than those at Ranchi, of officers
of the Indian Administrative Service or of officer holding substantively or
officiating of the posts borne on the cadre of the Indian Administrative
Note :- This does not include the residences of officers of the Indian Civil
Service or the Indian Administrative Service in charge of subdivisions.
- The Civil list
- Interpretation of all rules affecting the Public Service other than those rules
which regulate pay, allowance, pension and other financial matters
- Departmental Examinations
- Government Servants Conduct Rules
- The Public Service Commission.
- Staff Selection Commission
- Territorial jurisdictions of Districts and Subdivisions
- Manpower Plan and Training Plan of all State Personnel (State Service)
- Co-ordination of development of service life of all State Personnel (State
level Government servant).
- Liaison with Union Public Service Commission
- Development of personnel for high posts – Appointment of Secretary,
Deputy Secretary and Officers of Assistant Secretary’s level in the
Secretariat and Officers of regional level
- Appointment of assistants, stenographers, lower division clerks, etc. of the
Secretariat and attached offices and conduct of prescribed examination for
- Control and establishment of joint cadre of ministerial staffs of the
- Establishment of Secretariat IVth Grade employees
- Appointment of Lokayukt and all matters concerning his establishment etc.
- State Information Commission, Commission for Backward Classes
- Reservation for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Backward Classes,
employment and education policy formulation and reservation formulation
of different classes
- Establishment of Divisional Commissioners, Deputy Commissioners and
- Establishment of all subordinate officers and employees of the department
- Maintenance of all movable and immovable properties under control of the
- Ensure cleanliness in offices and buildings within the department.
Administrative Reforms & Innovation
- Public Service Delivery.
- Innovation in Governance.
- Administrative upgradation in all departments and reforms in policy related
and work culture as well as innovation.
- Research work regarding personnel administration.
- Organisation and Method.
- Simplification of procedures applied in departmental works, digitization and
establishment of a transparent system though e-government tools.
- Determination and implementation of the language police of the State.
- Hindi Translation of official literature along with translation of Gazetteer and
- Preparation and publication of guideline literature for official work in Hindi.
- To evolve, compile, publish and propagate Hindi lexicon
- Determination of the status of Hindi in departmental examination for
appointment, confirmation and promotion of Government servants and
formulation of status of the other language
- Conducting of training and examination in Hindi of Government Servants.
- Co-ordination with Central and other State Government in the matter of State
- Arranging conference, seminars, exhibitions etc. on State language and
sanctioning of grants-in-aid to institutions connected therewith.
- Inspection of the progress in the usage of Hindi in Government officers.
- Hindi Pragati Samiti and other advisory committees.
- Translation and publication of official literature in the linguistic minority
languages such as Urdu, Bengali and Oriya.
- Publication of the Magazine ‘Rajbhasha’.
- Rajbhasha research Institute.
- Co-ordination of the work relating to official language in different